Are you taking a giant step to make a difference or falling into a black hole? The fear of failure has killed more dreams than all other fears combined.
The fear of failure is insidious because it’s mainly in your imagination.
It can also prevent you from trying new ideas, growing and trying something new. Fear guarantees failure.
Interestingly, young children have no concept of failure. They couldn’t care less if they failed to do something. They just try again. There are no negative thoughts or emotions involved. They just keep on going.
Having hesitations is essential, which leads to calculated risks. But, give it a go, and in most cases, success will outweigh failure most times.
The fear of failure doesn’t have to impact your life significantly.
- Failure is temporary – unless you quit. Failure isn’t final unless you give up. Successful people experience failures too. But they ended up being successful precisely because they didn’t stop. So failure is just a temporary state that means nothing because it’s only temporary.
- Failure will occur with everyone. You’ve failed thousands of times and managed to survive. Consider how many times you were unable to walk or to talk well. Babies have constant failure.
- Successful people fail all of the time. It’s a massive part of how human beings learn. We realized that our approach didn’t work; we adjusted and tried again.
- Failure allows you to learn. You can learn something from every single one of your failures. Failure makes you more knowledgeable and capable. The more you fail, the stronger you become.
Why it’s in your imagination
- Others are far less concerned about your failure than you think. A few people might notice your disappointment, but they quickly turn their attention back to themselves and their own challenges.
There’s nothing to worry about. Feel free to fail as much as necessary. Fail enough, and you’ll quickly see that no one relevant cares.
- Focus on how great it will be when you succeed. Don’t look at possible failure; consider possible success. Make yourself feel excited and optimistic about taking action.
With high enough expectations, you’ll do just about anything without worrying about failure.
- Redirect your thoughts. Put your attention on what you’re doing. Forget about the outcome. Stay focused on your actions or something positive. Thinking about failing will freeze you in your tracks. Take risks but put stop gap measures in so that failure is only a small chance in scheme of what you want to achieve.
- Consider the cost of doing nothing. Taking action might be a little scary, but what will happen if you do nothing?
- What will you feel about failing to take action?
- What if you’re stuck in your current life for the nextfew years or more?
- Maybe taking a risk is far more attractive than remaining where you are.
We’ve all allowed the fear of failure to influence our decisions. We’ve allowed this fear to stop us from trying new things or taking risks. As a result, we all have more minor lives than we could because we’re too concerned with what others think.
Rejecting the fear of failure is one of the most incredible things you can do for your future! Your small business , your team and your family will be incredibly proud if you achieve your goals.
Plan to succeed!
Bite off what’s going to give you joy. Go where no one has gone!
In business, we have all failed, but many also succeed.
Personally, I have failed at things that looked right. Ultimately I have used my failures to move forward and help myself and others. Failure to me is if I do the same dumb thing again and don’t learn from past mistakes
When it comes to inspiration you need to read what others have achieved and make your own list.
Not sure where to focus on in your business then check out our business value score and within 15 minutes receive your free score.
In 2022 to succeed, start an action plan. Focus on those things you are passionate about that will make a difference in your business. Many of us have a long list of formal and informal goals. Some of us don’t start then for fear of failure. Others find excuses, and others try to do everything at once. Don’t over commit but start by actioning small runs that you can get on the board.
You can start today. What are you going to do today that you’ve been afraid to try? What small step can you take that may make a difference? Sometimes 1 per cent changes can result in extraordinary outcomes. Conquer your fear of failure and just do it